Jul 28, 2013

NYC Marathon Training - Advanced Plan, Week 2 Recap


My Training
Monday
4 Flex Day
35 Bike
Tuesday
4 Tempo
4 Tempo
Wednesday
Off
Off
Thursday
7 Regular
7 Regular
Friday
6 Regular 8.5 Regular
Saturday
4 AYF 6.5 AYF
Sunday
10 Long Run
10 Long Run
Mileage:
35
36 Run/35 Bike

This week started with a 35 mile bike ride on Sunday. Tuesday was an easy 4. Wednesday was off. Thursday was a regular run for 7. Friday I ran 6 in the AM and 2 in the PM. Saturday I ran 5 in the AM and 2 in the PM. Sunday was the LSD with a 10 mile run to end the week.

The legs are a bit tired today. I didn't mean to ride so far Monday, but got a bit lost during a long ride in an unfamiliar town. And, the PM runs were not really part of the plan, but were a nice way to spend some time with my favorite running partner- my son.

The NYC marathon seems kind of faraway right now. I know it's coming, and I know I'm going to be running through the five boroughs of the Big Apple, but right now it seems to be a bit of a pipe dream. However, it will be here in less than 100 days and I am very happy to have a training plan to keep me on track and help me to prepare for the longest race of my life.

Good luck to all of you putting in the miles this week. Let me now how your training is going. Anybody else following the advanced plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment